This is a yummy and zesty dish! It’s very quick and easy to make. Spoon meat on the toasted buns, and top it with barbeque sauce.
- ¼ cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ cups of ketchup
- 2 tablespoon of prepared mustard, Dijon-style
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of smoking flavor, liquid
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4 pounds of boneless chuck roast
- Mix together brown sugar, ketchup, Dijon-style mustard, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce in a big bowl. Stir in pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Now put chuck roast into a slow cooker. Pour in the ketchup mixture on the chuck roast, cook it covered for 8 to 10 hours on low heat.
- Now remove roast from the cooker, shred by the fork, put back in the cooker. Coast meat with sauce. Cook for 1 hour approximately.
Per Serving: 16.2 g fat; 276 calories, 18.7 g protein; 13.5 g carbohydrate; 562 mg sodium; 65 mg cholesterol.