Onion rings are very tasty and delicious to eat. It’s a low carb tasty recipe for keto lovers.
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ inch slices of 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- Oil for frying as needed
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer.
- Separate the slices of onion into the rings and set them aside. Stir baking powder, salt, and flour in a small bowl.
- Coat the onion rings with the flour mixture and set aside. Using a fork whisk the egg and milk in the flour mixture. To coat the floured rings dip into the batter. After the batter stops dripping, coat the bread crumbs on to the onion rings.
- In preheated oil deep fry the onion rings for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Take the onion rings out and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Season with salt to taste and serve hot.
Per Serving: 34.6 g fat; 641 calories; 14.3 g protein; 68.3 g carbohydrate; sugars 8g; vitamin c 4 mg; cholesterol 69mg.